Thursday 15 October 2009

And now...

It has been a long old week for me, but very eventful and fulfilling. I have been very busy and tired (although, not half as busy as some people I know, I'll warrant) these last few days especially, and my head is still buzzing from Tuesday. I had Latin this morning, the highlight of any week (although clearly not this week), 2 hours of utter bliss - shame it is only one lesson a week - they really ought to have lessons everyday, but I don't decide that sort of thing. As it turns out, my Latin teacher was at Westminster on Wednesday to see St Thérèse. She queued up for only a short while, then one of the stewards (a former student) noticed her and ushered her to the front! Lucky for some, although I enjoyed waiting - it seemed to be part of the whole, if that makes sense. I did my boring homework in the Library this afternoon, after which I checked my emails (I only had one!), and then finished my translation of Book I, Chapter I of The Imitation of Christ. I'll post that after I go over it. I am still working on my post about Tolkien and liturgical reform. It is one of those things that I should have finished the day I started it (over a week ago!) but I just haven't found the time. Tomorrow, being the only day of the week where I am technically not required to be anywhere or do anything, I plan to spend entirely to myself - although I'll probably end up doing something anyway. Maybe I'll return to The Lay of Leithian...

By the way, if I hear anything more about essays I shall boil over...

No comments:

Post a Comment